Thursday, May 13, 2010

Boston

Sean called me up a month ago and told me that he had to go to Boston on a business trip. The minute that was out of his mouth, I informed him that I was going with him. He has been trying for years to get me to go to Boston with him, so he was pretty excited.

I flew in Friday after all the meetings were over. Sean met me at the airport where we caught a shuttle to our hotel. The driver asked if we were going to go to a Red Sox game. Sean told him no, that we had not planned on it. I looked at him and said, "That would be kind of fun, we should go." Sean was totally shocked that I would even think about going to a sporting event on my vacation. I am not really a sports fan (unless my kids are playing). It was one of the highlights of our trip!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had a blast! I don't even like baseball and it was fun. I am not sure if I had more fun watching the game or watching all the crazy Red Socks fans. I was lucky enough to have this little jem sitting next to me.

Photobucket

She was crazy drunk, AND a Yankees fan. I spent the first half of the game afraid that she would spill her beer on me. Of course the second she finished it she promptly went and got another one. Luckily she downed the second one pretty quickly and was extremely excited that the Yankees won.

We only had two and a half days to get everything in. My calves are still hurting from all the walking we did.

We went on a Harbor Tour

Photobucket

Photobucket

A Duck Tour

Photobucket

We toured Paul Revere's home and the USS Constitution

Photobucket

Photobucket

The second night we went to a little Italian Restaurant in the North End called Strega. I had the most amazing meal of my life that night. Risotto Don Pietro, it had arborio rice, chicken, portobello mushrooms and baby spinach. It was to die for.

Photobucket

After dinner, we went to a busy little pastry shop called Mike's Pastry. There were about 60 people in line, but that didn't matter. We ate the desserts before I could get a picture. They were amazing. I love going on vacation!

Photobucket

On Saturday, after walking around all day, Sean decided that he wanted to walk the whole Freedom Trail, starting at the Bunker Hill monument.

Photobucket

We walked up the 294 stairs to a beautiful view of Boston.

Photobucket

Photobucket

When we got back down to the bottom (did I mention that there were 294 stairs?) we went into the little museum to look around. The museum was closing and the guard asked if Sean would help him fold the flag. Just as Sean started to help a guy with the local television station came up and started filming them. It was pretty cool.

Photobucket

It was by far one of the funnest trips we have ever taken. It was a little cold, some times rainy and a lot windy, but we didn't let that stop us. The only thing we missed out on was a bicycle tour. It was just a little too cold for that.

Next time Sean has to go to Boston, I hope it is in the summer, I will definitely tag along again.

5 comments:

Jen Bay said...

Looks like so much fun... and you just get prettier and prettier, Julie....

Amy said...

that looks like a blast... It makes me want to go. Glad you had such a wonderful time - you deserve it.

LM said...

Jealousy...I got to go to Napa Valley with Jon once about 6 years ago, we had fun, but not as much to see! All the grape vines look alike!

CJ said...

I bet your calves are still hurting. The steps alone would have done me in. So glad you took Sean up on the trip this time and had such a wonderful time.

Aimee said...

Oh, I am so happy you got to go! How fun!! I love Boston!