Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Between a leak in the kitchen ceiling,

new tires on my car,

Courtney being asked to Jr. Prom,

dealing with a son who is about to turn 18,

construction and moving into a new area at work,

indoor soccer,

and helping my son complete his Eagle project,

sometimes it doesn't seem like I even have time to breath.

Then something happens that makes it all worth while. I was in my bathroom early one morning getting ready for work and I flipped my mirror around and this is what I saw.

Photobucket

"Mom, I love you so much, Katie"

I don't think she will ever know how much that meant to me! I never knew that raising teenagers would be this hard or this rewarding!

7 comments:

Beverly said...

What a doll she is. Kids have that way about them--they make you crazy and then go and do something that makes you remember why you had them.

Aimee said...

How sweet! I keep trying to be a good mother-of-a-teenager like you.

Jen Bay said...

Every now and then we need a little something like that...

Unknown said...

One special thing can make such a difference. Katie deserves a big star!!

CJ said...

You have been one very busy lady, but then again you always are. Katie will realize how much those notes mean when she has teenagers of her own. I have a note from her that she wrote years ago on my fridge that I refuse to take down. And yes, it definitely is worth it.

Terry said...

They do surprise us once in a while don't they? Some day the will understand just how much that means. :)

Jaden said...

How nice! I agree, she is a great girl! :)