Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Cruise

As you can tell from my last post, Disneyland was awesome. I guess the third time really is a charm! I kept getting deja vu every time I walked past a bathroom, or a street that I remembered from our last trip. Every time I felt that way, I would get a huge smile on my face and announce to everyone, "This is so much fun!"

Courtney had bunion surgery 2 weeks before we left, so she was in the wheelchair this time. It was actually pretty sweet, we only had a 3-4 minute wait for most of the rides!

Sunday we drove to Hesperia and spent the day with my sister Trish and her family. Monday morning we drove down to San Diego, met Mike and his family and then boarded the ship.

First stop was Tiffany's to have a little lunch and then it was off to the pool.

Courtney and Jessica

They spent hours trying to push each other off this board.

Katie and Sean trying to knock each other off the board.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Me and my Courts

There were tons of activities for the kids. Tyler and Andrew loved to play with the giant chess set.

Photobucket

Giant Chess Set

I loved going to dinner. It was like going to a fancy restaurant every night where the food was delicious and free!

Here is the way all my dinners started:

Photobucket

Alisa and Mike

Photobucket

One night, the servers pulled Jess, Andrew, and Bev up to dance with them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Alisa has a sweet camera and got some great pictures, luckily she shared her photos with me.

Tuesday was a fun day at sea and Wednesday was a fun day in Cabo San Lucas.

Photobucket

The beach was beautiful, I could have stayed there all day.

Photobucket

We played for hours.

Courtney building a sand castle

Photobucket

Mike is a master barterer. He speaks fluent spanish and the deals he got for us were pretty amazing. After talking for a good 30 minutes, we all boarded a boat and went parasailing. Thanks Mike, but you are probably going to have to accompany us whenever we go on vacation now ;)

Photobucket

Thursday was another fun day at sea. Friday we docked in Ensenada, it was a far cry from Cabo, but once again Mike worked his magic and we all went to the blow hole and did some shopping!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sean was actually pretty good at bartering too. He doesn't speak as fluently, but he also doesn't take no for an answer.

Bartering in Ensenada

We got some great deals. Do you like my New York hat?

Photobucket

Tyler was very proud of his purchases.

Photobucket

Mmmm... fish tacos!

Fish Taco

Photobucket

By Friday night, we were all exhausted, and a little sad that our cruise was coming to an end. Sean and Courtney had to get in some karaoke before we left. They sang Twisted Sister's "Were not gonna take it".

Photobucket

We played one last game of cards, and stuffed our faces one last time.

Playing Scum

It was so great having my kids to myself. No cell phones, not texting, no friends. They showed some signs of withdrawls, but luckily they all survived. This was one of the funnest vacations that we have ever been on. I am so glad Mike and Alisa were able to come with us. Hopefully more members of the family can come next time. Courtney graduates in two years, so start saving!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful trip and super pictures!! Glad you families enjoy being together and have so much fun. It's great to have bartering power.

Beverly said...

There appears to be one picture of Sean missing on here?? It had something to do with looking over the side of the boat while parasailing?

This trip was by far one of the best me and my little family have ever been on. We are glad we were invited and had a blast...Mike

Jen Bay said...

It looks like such fun! My kids are campaigning for us to take them on our next cruise...

CJ said...

Bartering -- a gift from their Dad I think. I'm glad it came in handy on this trip. What a wonderful opportunity. Everyone looks so happy in the pictures.

Kimberly said...

How do you spell JEALOUS?
K-I-M-B-E-R-L-Y.
I have still never been on a cruise, sigh, weep.

Beverly said...

I am wishing I was still there. The kids talk about it every day.

Beverly said...

I just got on to look at the pictures again and I am totally craving "fish tacos" and "frozen yogurt." (like you reminded me, said with the three-finger quote sign)

Aimee said...

I loved reading this! It makes me excited for a cruise!!