Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Camping at Woodland

At the end of June we decided to tag along with Sean's brothers and go camping. It had only been a week since girl's camp, so I was a little hesitant, but it was one of the only weekends we had available for the rest of the summer, so we couldn't pass it up.

We went to the Camperworld in Woodland. I love going up there, my mom was borned in Francis. (Lol, I had to throw in a little "Heber" humor.) I love driving through the little town and seeing the ancient houses and barns that are about to fall over.

I'm not really a huge "camper", but when there is grass, shade, showers, a trailer and a swimming pool, you can count me in!

We even got to take our Pam.

Photobucket

My favorite part of camping is sitting around the campfire and roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. Unfortunately we were lacking in our fire-building skills. The guys kept blaming it on the wood. I tried to pull out my 3 hour burning log, but they wouldn't let me. Eventually Jeremy got a pretty decent fire going.

Photobucket

Mike sure does love his older brother.

Photobucket

Alisa, Beverly and Mike

Photobucket

Courtney and Andrew

Photobucket

Bev, Morgan, Taylor and Tyler

Photobucket

Jess and Camryn

Photobucket

At night we would cuddle up in the trailer and watch movies.

Photobucket

Photobucket

During the day we played games and went swimming.

Photobucket

Andrew loves to play chess

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Robyn and Camryn

Photobucket

Katie asked Camryn to smile at the camera, the sun was in her eyes, but she did her best. What a cutie.

Photobucket

We had such a great time. My kids LOVE their little cousins. It was so beautiful up in the mountains. I found myself wishing we could have stayed a little longer.

2 comments:

CJ said...

We were so glad you found a weekend when you could all go together and have fun. It's not the wood!!! Although it has been a wet spring and the wood pile is outside. Great pictures.

Beverly said...

When I read the "borned" comment I first thought, "oh, how sad, a typo." Then I had an LOL moment.

I love that so many of our great summer memories include you guys.