Monday, November 17, 2008

The Young Women

As most of you heard on Sunday, our Young Women's Presidency has been through some major changes. I have been called as the Camp Director along with Jana. (I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to work with her. She is so much fun to be around.)

I am still going to be acting as Secretary for "a little while" as the Bishop put it. Who knows how long that will be, I told Jen that I would stay in as long as they would have me.

There were tears of sadness and tears of joy on Sunday as we said goodbye to the old leaders and welcomed in the new.

Courtney got this great idea to make cookies for the leaders, all those leaving and coming in. We had cookies all over the place.

Photobucket

Luckily she invited Tara and Tierney over to help, along with little sister Katie, we had enough cookies in no time.

They decided to leave their aprons on and put some flour on their faces, just to be funny!

Photobucket

Here are the girls with Ann. We are truly going to miss her and her sarcastic sense of humor. You knew you were always going to have a great time when Ann was there.

Photobucket

And then there's Amy. Luckily she is just "getting a promotion", she is first counselor now. We still had to take cookies to her just to let her know how much we love her!

Photobucket

Here are the girls with Amy D. (Former President). We are really going to miss her. She always had a huge smile on her face and made everyone feel so important!

Photobucket

And here is Jenn. She is such a sweet lady. I am lucky enough to be her visiting teacher and have gotten to know her since she moved in. She is such a friendly person, I am not sure that I have ever met anyone nicer. She is going to make an awesome Young Women's President!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Jana said...

They were awesome cookies too! I tried to hide them from Aric and the kids so I could have them to myself but that only lasted about 0 seconds!
Thanks and believe me the excitement about our new callings is totally mutual!(how did you like that pun. mutual get it ha ha)

Kimberly said...

Our YW are so lucky to have had such outstanding leaders and the tradition continues.

Sweet girls too!

michele84084 said...

Those were the BEST cookies!! I ate three of them and made sure to mention to Gabe that I thought they were stuffed with oatmeal so he wouldn't go near them. Thank you for bringing them- you guys are sweethearts!

Unknown said...

What a fun, nice thing for you to do. The Mutual is so lucky to have you.