Friday, June 19, 2009

Graduation

Tyler graduated from high school on Friday, June 5th, 2009.

I had mixed emotions waiting for this day to come. On one hand, I was very excited for him to leave high school behind and start college life. On the other hand, I struggle with the fact that he is an adult, knowing I need to loosen the (desperately tight) hold that I have had on him for the last 18 years.

I had to ask Tyler at least once a week if he was sure that he was going to graduate. He would just roll his eyes and say, "Yes MOM!" And then give me the famous exasperated look that always follows what he thinks is a stupid question.

It was definitely weird to see him in his graduation gown.

Photobucket

The school put on a very nice program.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then it was over.

The proud parents

Photobucket

The proud grandparents

Photobucket

The proud girlfriend

Photobucket

2 comments:

CJ said...

Ty looked so handsome and so grown up that night. Thank you for letting us join you for the celebration. We really enjoyed every minute of it.

Unknown said...

Such good sports with all the rain.
Thanks for the pictures of Tyler's graduation. What a special night!!
You have done a great job raising such a handsome young man.