Thursday, June 18, 2009

Let's just call this one... May

I thought that life got easier and you had more free time once your children got older...I guess that's what I get for thinking.

Here is where I spent most of May:

Cottonwood

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

USA U-16

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

USA U-14

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tyler still has a girlfriend - I know, shocking. I tell him at least twice a week that he better not do anything to make Erin break up with him. I really like her.

Photobucket

Mother's Day the girls baked me a heart shape cake and put trick candles on it. They were my first trick candles ever!

Photobucket

Funny story... You know how there is a picture on the back of the cake box showing the ingredients??

Photobucket

Well, Katie didn't read the part where you put three eggs in if you are doing the whole egg recipe, OR 3 egg whites if you are doing the egg white recipe. She added 3 whole eggs and 3 egg whites. As much as I don't like eggs, the cake was still pretty tasty! LOL

We celebrated Sean's grandparents 65th anniversary. We flew Sean's youngest brother Ben in from Alaska and surprised everyone that night.

Photobucket

It had been about 4 years since we had seen him. Everyone was shocked when he came strolling in.

Photobucket

Jeremy, Mike, Ben and Sean.

Have I mentioned that Sean doesn't like to be touched by other men? No? Have I mentioned that Mike and Ben like to touch Sean because they know Sean doesn't like it?

Photobucket

Here is Ben trying to get another little touch in. Notice Sean is ready to take off running...good times, good times :)

Photobucket
(Yes, Ben is aware that his belly is poking out and his zipper is undone. That's just Ben. Needless to say, we had a lot of laughs while he was here.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You had a great month with so many things that make good memories.
Kids grow up way too fast. Enjoy each moment with them.
It was a super surprise when Ben showed up at the party. He is definitely one of a kind and so full of fun. It was a great day!!

CJ said...

You will remember your days on the soccer fields forever - the good, the bad, and the ugly - but mostly the good.

Loved the pictures of the cake. I bet it did taste good.

Thank you sooooo much for getting Ben here for the Peel's 65th anniversary. And yes, it is never dull when those four get together -- actually whenever any of them get together.