Sunday, June 29, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!



Hello!
This is Courtney, I'm hacking my mom's blog! :)
Her birthday is coming up (July 4th) so there are a few things I'd like to say. Julie Jones is, in one word, amazing. Do you know how much patience you need to raise THREE teenagers? Well the answer is more than anyone could have! Yet somehow she achieves it and is more patient with us than we deserve.
Ask any one of my friends and they will tell you how often i brag about how cool my mom is! They all agree with me of course, but i bet it gets annoying. She understands my desire to be with friends, and since she knows that my friends are great and that i won't be in danger with them she lets me go places with them all the time. She makes the brest brownies for them!! (inside joke)
There is NOTHING i don't tell my mom! I trust her more than i trust anyone else. I can tell her about everything going on in my life and what I'm struggling with. She helps me with everything and doesn't judge me.
i use the term best friend pretty loosely but my mom is my BEST best friend!!!
When i was born i wouldn't go to anyone but her... that was very smart of me! ha ha jk dad jk! I'm sure that is the reason we're so close. We have the most amazing mother daughter bond.
She was called into young women's as a leader a while ago and i must say it's the best!!! I've gotten to know her in a whole new way and she's gotten to know me better too. The spiritual experiences we've shared have made us so much closer and it still amazes me when she testifies of the gospel. I feel the spirit so strongly and it makes me want so much more to obey and keep the commandments.

You Let Me Know You Love Me


You let me know you love me
In so many different ways.
You make me feel important
With encouragement and praise.


You're always there when I need you
To comfort and to care.
I know I'm in your thoughts;
Your love follows me everywhere.


Thank you for all you've done
And given so generously.
I love you, my wonderful mother;
You're a heaven-sent blessing to me.


By Joanna Fuchs


MOM:
I love you more than words could ever come close to describing. You have always been there for me and you've helped me through all my trials and hardships.
LOVE,
courts :)

6 comments:

Amy said...

Julie.. Happy Birthday. I am so glad to be serving with you again. I love your darling girls. Courtney is right - You are an awesome mom... I hope my kids love me that much when they are teenagers. Have an awesome birthday- you deserve it.

CJ said...

I absolutely agree with Courtney. You are a very special lady, mom, wife and daughter-in-law. I hope your birthday is as wonderful as you.

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday to one of my favorite people. What a sweet tribute.

Jaden said...

Happy Birthday!
I hope one day my kids can write something this special about me. This was awesome to read!

Beverly said...

We love you too. You are a great example of a good mother and are a wonderful friend and aunt to us all. Happy Birthday!
Mike, Alisa and the rugrats

Aimee said...

Julie,
You are awesome! Anyone who can put up with three teenagers AND Sean deserves a medal! You look like Jane Seymour, too!!