Friday, June 27, 2008

Michele84084 is awesome!

Last night we had a fabulous young women's activity....Yoga Night. Our original yoga instructor couldn't make it, so Michele Lindsey graciously accepted our invitation to come and be our instructor.

She is such an amazing woman. She has never taught a yoga class before, but you would never have know it. She got up there in front of the girls and taught as if she had been doing it for years.

The girls were laughing at first, but she immediately got them settled down, she has such a soft peaceful voice. I don't think I have ever been to an activity where the girls have been so quiet. They got a little giggly towards the end, Courtney mostly, she is not very flexible and the other girls thought it was quite funny.

I have done a little yoga before, but last night I fell in love with it. I don't know if it was because Michele was such an awesome instructor, or because I felt so great after it was over.

Anyway, I highly recommend it to anyone who has not tried. I also nominate Michele to start a neighborhood yoga class! I can't think of anything more enjoyable than doing yoga with all my friends!

2 comments:

Amy said...

So true.. I loved the yoga also and I was a bit sore the next day from the workout.. Maybe we could convince Michele to teach a neighborhood class.

michele84084 said...

You are so, so sweet! I must admit I was more than a little concerned but as usual the girls were great and made the activity a blast! I'm pretty sore though. I was so worried about making every pose correct that I overdid it a bit. I had a great time. Call me anytime they want a redo!