Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A New School Year...

The first day of school I always get a picture of the kids on our front porch. When they were in elementary school, I used to take them and get pictures with their friends and in front of the door to their classroom, but those days are long gone. Tyler would be mortified if I ever tried anything like that now, so I am stuck with pictures on the porch.

Photobucket

Did I mention that Tyler is a senior this year? Did I also mention that I am having a hard time with the fact that I have a senior in high school? Well...I am.

Tyler is so excited for this year. He has Auto Mechanics and Auto Body. He talks non-stop about the classes, how cool his teachers are, and his big plans for fixing up our cars. He also has 3 AP classes. With soccer 4 days a week, and working weekends at Red Robin, he will be a very busy boy!

Photobucket

Courtney is a sophmore this year. She was a little nervous to start high school, but she had already made the soccer team and was used to going up to Cottonwood every day. She had already made quite a few friends on the team, so it wasn't that bad. She loves everything about high school, especially the boys. In fact if she wasn't grounded from her phone right now she would be texting her new (boy) friend who keeps asking her if she has a boyfriend.

Can't they just leave her alone for a few more years????

Photobucket

My little Katie Bug is in 8th grade. She was so excited to get back to school she could hardly stand it. She loves being able to see her friends everyday. Her favorite class is Strength Training. When I asked her why, she said, "Because there's this hot guy in it, like gorgeous hot!"

She just made the Bennion soccer team, so the count of soccer games in a week just went up to 9.

4 comments:

klutzykitty said...

No, I cannot believe you have kids in high school. I can't believe i have neices and nephews that old....but I'm not surprised about the start of boys breaking the door down....your kids are gorgeous!

Jaden said...

It's hard to believe how old your kids are! I don't envy you on the amount of games you have to go to every week, but it won't last long (kids grow up way too fast), and it will be fun!

Amy said...

Time sure flies.. I remember how young your girls were when they first started babysitting for me.. They are so adorable, I just love them. (Sorry about the game count, Just think in a few more years there will be none, now that makes you sad just a little doesn't it.)

Habs said...

I love being in the Young Women's with Katie and Courtney. They are great girls.