Thursday, March 5, 2009

Jr. Prom

Courtney and James went to Jr. Prom a few weeks ago.

Apparently Prom is an all-day event now. In the olden days (1987ish), you would go out to a nice restaurant, then go to the dance and then go home.

That is not the case anymore.

They started off the morning at the bowling alley. I sent my camera with Courtney so she could take some pictures. I have to say that I was a little disappointed with her picture taking skills.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Believe it or not, these were the best ones she took. I made her promise to take some action photos next time.

After bowling they went back to Bryan's house to hang out and play games.

Kristin and Courtney went to get their hair done, and then it was a race to get them back to Bryan's house for a photo shoot before dinner. Bryan's mother is a photographer and took some amazing pictures of them. I am still waiting to get my hands on the CD she promised to make, so I will post the pictures as soon as I get them. Here are the ones that I took:

Photobucket

They make such a cute couple.

Photobucket

Photobucket

They had a very nice dinner at one of Courtney's favorite restaurants, Texas Roadhouse, and then it was off to the dance.

They all had such a great time. I have to thank James' parents for driving them that night. Sean and I had a work party at our house and were not able to help as much as I would have liked.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Wow, I can't believe she is growing up so fast! I love her dress!!

Terry said...

Courtney has become such a beautiful young woman. :) Cute couple!

P.S. I have loved reading Sean's blog...I hope he doesn't mind...he needs to keep it up!

Unknown said...

Courtney looked gorgeous in her beautiful dress and James handsome.
Sounds like they had a great time.
Thanks for sharing. I copied and printed for our album.
Luv ya!!

CJ said...

And what an all day event it was. She is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

klutzykitty said...

wow, even in the 90's we didn't have that big of a day! sounds like a great time! Love the dresses and thanks so much for sending the link for the other pics, they were amazing! definitely the best photos i have seen for a dance!
She is growing up so fast, good luck when Katie starts dating too! (you created two beautiful girls to keep you busy!)