Friday, March 20, 2009

Sweethearts

"What?" You ask. "Another dance so soon?"

"Yup!"

On February 14th, Courtney, James, and a group of their friends went to Sweethearts.

Instead of going out to a restaurant to eat, the girls decided to make dinner themselves and have it at our house. I whole-heartedly agreed, greedily thinking of all the money I would save.

My luck was holding out when James announced that he had two rugby games to play that day. There was nothing left to do but cancel the "day" activity. (Unfortunate for them, very fortunate for my wallet!)

We spent the day curling hair, painting nails,

Photobucket

baking, decorating,

Photobucket

cleaning and cooking.

Luckily Courtney's friend Kristin came to help.

Photobucket

Big brother Tyler even got in on the action. We asked him if he would google a creative way to fold dinner napkins.

Photobucket

This is what he came up with...

Photobucket

Have I mentioned how much I love Google?

When 6pm rolled around, we were exhausted, but ready.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The dinner turned out great, everything was delicious.

Photobucket

After the dance, it was back to our house for cake and ice cream

Photobucket

and a few rounds of Mafia.

Photobucket

Courtney got the dance pictures back today.

Photobucket

Dress $19.99
Shrug $14.99
Pictures $30.00
Dinner and dessert $30.00

Smile on my daughters face...

Priceless!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great Sweetheart date with dinner, dance & refreshments after. Courtney looked beautiful in her lovely outfit.

Rich Wood said...

I cannot believe that Courtney is old enough to date! She is so cute, what a lucky guy!!

klutzykitty said...

I agree, James is super lucky. I love the dress! Thank you for taking so many pictures. sometimes I actually feel close again. love you!

CJ said...

Beautiful Courtney, Handsome James. Terrific in orange. Having fun with friends. What a great day. James said that dances were "okay" but agreed the best part was having a beautiful date on his arm. Smart kid to agree with her grandmother.

Marianne said...

What a fun date... Courtney is such a beautiful girl! You would never know that dress was such a bargain!

Aimee said...

Oh, Julie, you are such a great mom!

Marshalls said...

I'm so happy you checked out my blog! What a great way for cousins to keep in touch. Thanks for adding me as one of your friends.

Amy said...

What a handsome couple they make!