Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Girl's Camp

This year the young women went to Reid Ranch for girls camp. It is a fun little ranch where they host family reunions, youth conferences, or just vacationers.

We arrived Thursday morning and started putting up tents.

Photobucket

After the tents were set up, we went down to the paddle boats.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we went horseback riding.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The weather was beautiful during the day. Dana and Roni are awesome camp directors, and had great crafts for the girls to do.

Photobucket

Friday was another full day of fun. My favorite part was the horseback riding, I went every chance I got. It was the first time I have ever been and I couldn't get enough.

Later that night we had skits before our testimony meeting. This is Bryce getting ready for them, (even though he didn't participate).

Photobucket

Rules for the skit: You have to use the words "Band together for personal strength" somewhere in it and it has to be sung to a primary song. Here is the leaders skit, to the tune of, "Saturday is a special day".



I thought the leaders skit was the funniest until Courtney and Tarah's group went up on stage.



We had a very spiritual testimony meeting and then had smores and more fun around the campfire.

Photobucket

We had a fabulous time. I love the women I serve with and the girls are incredible. We even had a lady compliment us on how quiet our girls were at night.

Special thanks to Dana and Roni for all the hard work and planning, and to Bryce and Aric for their great priesthoodness!

Photobucket

Photobucket








7 comments:

michele84084 said...

I love girls camp! It sounds like you had a blast.

klutzykitty said...

I wish I could have gone you yor girls camp! That was MUCH more entertaining! Thanks for sharing the videos!

Aimee said...

How fun!

Jaden said...

I love girls camp! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing.. My boys loved watching the skits and now think I am nuts.. We are so lucky to have such great young women in our ward and I am glad we are serving together again.

Suzanne Felt said...

I really enjoy reading your blogg. Thank you for sharing.

Suzanne

Marianne said...

I'm jealous! That looks like a ton of fun! Nothing like girls camp to make everyone really loose and silly