Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Spudman

Sean competed in the Spudman again this year, broken tailbone and all. He missed the Wasatch Back and the MS 150, but he just couldn't bear to miss the Spudman. Amazingly enough he made record time on the bike.

Photobucket

I wasn't able to go because I had family in from out of town. I hate to say this, but I am actually glad that I wasn't there. Aimee called around 9am that morning and told me about the swimmer that drowned. It happened right before Matt's heat. She said that it was so devastating to watch them pull the body from the river. I don't do well with that sort of thing.

Photobucket


Thanks to Aimee for getting these great pictures for me! This is Andy, Matt and Sean. Andy's socks got wet, so he had to run without them and got huge blisters on his feet in the process. The blisters popped, and his shoes were a bloody mess. Sean said that he did really well for his first time. Everyone in Matt's heat had to skip the swim because of the accident, but they still got to bike and run.

After watching all the pain Sean went through after the accident, I didn't think he was going to be able to compete in anything this year, and even though I think he is super crazy, I am very proud of him.

Photobucket

No comments: