Friday, October 17, 2008

Batgirl

Katie has really been into super heroes lately. Mostly Batman, she absolutely loved the latest movie, "The Dark Night".

She has been telling everyone for months that she is going to be batgirl for Halloween. Every time she said it, I would just roll my eyes and think "Good luck with that!"

I took Thursday off so I could spend some long-awaited time with my kids (since they were off of school for UEA). Katie had been telling me about this party that she wanted to go to, but didn't tell me until Thursday morning that it was a Halloween party, and she had to dress up.

So, first thing Thursday morning, we went to the Halloween store. Here is the costume that she wanted. It was $50! Yeah, that wasn't going to happen.

Photobucket

Though she promised to pay me back, and begged and pleaded for me to get it for her, I just couldn't spend that much money on a cheap plastic costume. I finally convinced her to let me make it for her.

So one trip to Savers and the fabric store, $20 and 3 hours later, this is what we came up with.

Photobucket

Not too bad -- a little less shiny, but she got real boots out of the deal! Here are Katie and her friend Taylor before the party.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Jen Bay said...

You are a good Mom!

Unknown said...

Katie makes a great Batgirl!
You do so many nice things for your family!!

Beverly said...

She looks so stinkin' cute. Good job on the creativity too.

CJ said...

Great costume. She is one lucky girl with new boots too. Couldn't ask for anything more. How did the party go?

Aimee said...

Wow, I am really impressed!! Matt and I need a costume for a work Halloween party on Saturday night. Can you help us out??

klutzykitty said...

That was an awesome job! I bet it was hard to see her looking so grown up though!

Jen Bay said...

I've tagged you in my blog... take a look. :)

Jaden said...

I'm seriously impressed - Jaden needs a Pokemon costume....can you whip one of those up too? :)

michele84084 said...

You're talented and beautiful! That's a great costume!

Amy said...

She looks awesome... Way to go mom... I will remember you next time I need some costume help...