Thursday, May 8, 2008

Raising teenagers

A typical conversation with Tyler:

I say, "Tyler, I REALLY think you should start being more responsible!"
Tyler says, "Mom, I REALLY think you should start expecting less of me!"

A typical conversation with Courtney:

I say, "Courtney will you PLEASE come and wipe the crumbs off the table."
Courtney says, "WHAT, WHY? I didn't do it! Are you serious? You are going to make ME wipe up everyone's mess?!?"

A typical conversation with Katie:

I say, "Hey Katie, thanks for vacuuming the grass out of my car like you promised."
Katie says, "What, were you serious? I was only joking when I said I would do it. Are you kidding me? I really have to vacuum out your car?"

Disclaimer: These were real conversations, the were not altered in any way, but I swear, they're still good kids.

No comments: