Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Recovery

I know it has only been a little over a week, but it seems like months since the accident. You all know what it is like when you have a husband that is sick or in pain...I am totally kidding! (Sean said that I could still make fun of him!) He has actually been a pretty good sport about the whole "being in agony" thing. I feel so bad for him. I can’t imagine what it would be like to go from training twice a day for a triathlon, to being laid up for months, not being able to sit, stand or blink without being uncomfortable. The poor guy!

His road rash is finally starting to heal, a few of the abrasions had a little infection in them, but they look much better now. For the first week, it took about 40 minutes a day to bandage him up. Now it is just a few bandages here and there.

I am actually enjoying having a husband around the house; I haven’t seen him this much since July of last year, after the Spudman was over. I mean, he’s not really of much use -- he can’t lift anything, or stand up too long -- he just lies on the couch all night and watches TV, but what’s new? Again...a joke.

He is talking big right now, saying that he is still going to compete in the Spudman, but for those of you who have broken your tailbone (and apparently there are quite a few of you) you know how painful and long the recovery process is. I am sure he is not going to be sitting on any type of bicycle or motorcycle for a very long time. He still has a huge bruise on his butt that is the shape of Florida. (That was for Andrew!!) I would include pictures, but when I set up my blog, I checked the box that said, ‘no’ to adult content. Sorry to disappoint...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that he's feeling better. It's also nice that you are enjoying having him home!

Jaden said...

Glad to hear he is feeling better. :) Sooooo glad to hear you can still make fun of him! :)

michele84084 said...

That would be so hard! I get stir crazy after a couple of hours. How long will he be down for? Hope the healing hurries along!

CJ said...

He just thinks he will be riding in Spudman. Then again. . . I never put anything past him. So glad to hear his road rash is healing. I can understand not being able to sit/stand very long. I bet it is fun to see more of him around the house. Let me know if you need anything.

Amy said...

It's good to hear he can still enjoy a laugh or two... I am sure he is going crazy not being able to do anything.. Let me know if you need anything!

Beverly said...

Dear Sean and Julie,
Thank you for telling us you have a mark the shape of Florida and I have Alaska, Canada and Hawaii. I love the message you put on your blog. Just to let you know, I am having a yard sale tomorrow--this Saturday to be exact. Love, Andrew

Marianne said...

Glad to hear the bandages aren't too much work now! Hope he continues to recover!