Thursday, May 1, 2008

A day in my life...

Just in case you are wondering why you never see me during the week...
My alarm goes of at 5am, (my clock is set 5 minutes fast, so it is actually 4:55.) I lie in bed for a few minutes and think about how exhausted I am, I say my prayers, and then I get up and get my workout clothes on. I run downstairs and get in a good 25 minute workout. Okay....sometimes it's not so good. For the first 10 minutes, I am so tired that I can barely move and by the time I get into it, it is time to quit. I usually work up a good sweat though, so that’s good, right??? I run up the stairs, jump in the shower, quickly get ready for work, and then go wake up my kids and give them a hug and a kiss goodbye.
I’m usually out the door by 6:15am. I get to work at 6:30, I work and work until 12:30 when I meet one of my very best friends, Lyn, for lunch; she is the highlight of my work day! Our other very best friend, Jane, moved to Idaho last year, we miss her terribly! A quick 15 minute lunch and I am back to work. (I really do have a great job, I get to set my own hours, it is a 15 minute drive from home, I can leave with a minutes notice if there is an emergency. When the weather is nice, we take breaks and go for a walk. There is a lot of drama, as with any job, but I just mind my own business and it's not so bad.) I leave work at 3:00, and usually have to stop at the store, or the bank, or gas station on my way home, but I try to be home by 3:30.
I walk in the door, hugs and kisses X 3, then I have time to throw in a load of laundry, start making dinner, wipe off the counter, and quickly check my email, then I am out the door by 4:30 to take Katie or Courtney to their games or practices. Quite a few of their games have been in the Provo/Orem area, which means 30-40 minute drive each way. We have to be to their games 45 minutes early! Games start at 6:00, rain, or snow...not lightning though; they will cancel a game for that. Both of their teams have been doing awesome this season, they have each lost 1 game, and either won or tied the rest, I absolutely love watching my kids play. The games last about an hour and a half, then we are back on the road again, getting back home around 8:30pm.
I have time to heat up dinner, throw my clothes in the dryer, make sure all homework is done, and get ready for bed. Hugs, kisses, and quick talks about how their day went, 10, sometimes 15 minutes of scriptures, prayers, then lights out at 10:00pm. (Most nights I get 7 hours of sleep, they are very precious to me, and the only way for me to get that is to sleep with ear plugs, I am addicted to them.) So, there you have it. It is a pretty hectic life, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. At least I get to sleep in until 6:30am on Saturdays, luckily we don’t have to be to Katie’s games until 7:45am! And Sundays are the best; I get to sleep in until 7:00am!!

3 comments:

michele84084 said...

5:00 am!! Julie- you are an amazing woman.

I love the pictures of your family! Your girls are so pretty (how could they not be with you as their mom?)

Michele

Julie Jones said...

michele84084 is now officially my favorite person!!

Jaden said...

hey Julie - found your blog through someone else's - it's great to see you in the blogging world!! :)

your day is insane! all the pictures of your kids when they are little are fun to see! Makes me realize even more how fast they grow up!